Stable network connectivity is a basic concern that we face all the time. Whether it is our home or the office, network connectivity never loses its importance. It is generally recommended that you choose a Netgear Router. These devices are the benchmarks of a high-speed network and seamless internet connectivity. The best thing about these devices is the ease of use that they provide. Router Setup for these devices is a simple process that initiates access to reliable networking solutions. For the Netgear Router Setup, you just have to follow few steps.
Netgear Router Setup can be easily done using any of your devices, your PC, or Laptop. The initial step of the Netgear Router Setup is to unbox your product and mark out and assemble all additional things given with it. Later you can follow these steps.
Free Problem Diagnostics Chat Support
24*7 Chat Support from our Online Technicians
Chat with Us!!
Free Support for Extender Setup Call TOLL FREE +1-844-583-2073
Netgear Router Setup Using your PC or Laptop.
Netgear Router Setup is a very simple process, it does not require any specific task. A user can easily do it on their own. For the process of Netgear Router Setup with the help of your PC or Laptop just follow these steps.
- First of all, connect the Ethernet cable from your cable modem or DSL to the Internet port of your Netgear Router.
- Switch on your cable modem or DSL and hold on for the lights to become solid.
- Turn on your Netgear router and wait for the LED lights that are there on your router to become stable.
- Look at the back or bottom of your device, to get the preset wireless settings of your Netgear router.
- Open the WiFi connection manager on your wireless device, and search the default SSID or WiFi network name of your Netgear router.
- Once you are connected to the SSID enter the default password.
- Open any web browser of your choice, like Safari, Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox or Google Chrome.
- You will find the Netgear Genie on your screen. In case it does not display, click the address bar and type http://www.routerlogin.com or http://www.routerlogin.net.
- You can also use the IP Address of your device if you are unable to access the website. This IP address is there on the instruction booklet.
- To log in, you have to enter the default username which is admin and the default password is password and then, click on the “Sign-In” Icon.
- Now the Netgear Genie will guide you to configure the device.
- Once the above steps are done, a “Congratulations” page will appear.
- Click “Take me to the Internet” icon to confirm that you are connected.
- If you want you can personalize your Wi-Fi router settings, you can do it now.
Not only for set-up you can also use the same format of log-in to your Netgear login
You can also seek the help of our experts to help you install the extender by calling us at our toll-free customer service numbers or by chatting with them.
CALL US TODAY
Netgear Router Setup Using Mobile or Tablet
If you do not have a PC or Laptop readily available, you can also use your Mobile or Tablet for Setting up your Netgear Router. Just follow these simple steps.
- To begin with, search for the NightHawk App that is easily available on the “Google Play Store” or “Apple App Store”.
- As per the requirement or your device attach the provided antennas.
- Now connect your modem to the Internet port on your router.
- Plugin your router to a power supply socket.
- Let the Wi-Fi LED lights to adjust to normal.
- Make sure your device has an active connection with your router’s WiFi network.
- Open the Netgear Nighthawk app from your mobile device.
- Two options will appear before you, “Existing User” or “New System Setup”. Click on the “New System Setup” option.
- The on-screen instructions will guide you to the steps to Reboot your modem. Follow them.
- Plugin the Ethernet cable from your cable modem or DSL to the Internet port of your Netgear Router.
- Once your device has completed the reboot process, reconnect your device to your router using your device’s Wi-Fi availability.
- For this, you have to use the default user name and password. You will find these defaults somewhere on your router.
- Return to the app to complete the installation process.
- The app will now help you to personalize your Wi-Fi settings.
- You can also select the password recovery questions for your admin credentials in case you forget them in the future.
- Since you have changed the Wi-Fi connection credentials you have to connect your device to your router one more time.
- The last step in the setup process is to check for the firmware updates.
- If there are any updates available then click the “Update and Install” Icon.
- After this update, your Netgear Router Setup is complete.
- You can use your router now and connect to any device.
This completes the process of Netgear Router Setup. You can always maintain your Netgear account modify its settings, using your Netgear App anytime. The Netgear app also comes handy to keep the firmware of your device updated.