If you are looking for the Netgear Router Setup procedure, then you are at the right place. Here, you will get step-by-step instructions for setup your Netgear router successfully.
Free Problem Diagnostics Chat Support
24*7 Chat Support from our Online Technicians
Chat with Us!!
Free Support for Extender Setup Call TOLL FREE +1-844-583-2073
Detailed Procedure for Netgear Router Setup via Mobile Device
- First and foremost, turn your router on after performing its initial setup. So, take your router out from the box and remove all the tapes or packaging material that is available on it.
- After that, take the power cord and attach it to the router and the electric socket. Then, switch it on.
- Make sure the power light of the router will lit green.
- Then, take your mobile phone and go to the Google Play Store or App Store, as per the operating system of your device.
- Now, for finding the Nighthawk download link, you have to type the name of the app i.e. Nighthawk in the search field.
- Once you get the preferred application from the search result, click the “Install” or “Get” button. As soon as you click the tab, the download process will initiate.
- After waiting for a few minutes, you need to click the icon of the Nighthawk application from the device menu.
- To proceed further with the Netgear router setup process, you need to accept the terms and conditions of Netgear. Hence, read the terms carefully and hit the “I Agree” tab.
- Afterwards, you might get a dialog box seeking your permission to access your location. In order to permit, press “Yes”. However, you can also click the “No” option.
- Further, MyNetgear login window will display on your mobile device. Here, you have to click the “Login” tab, if you already have an account. Alternatively, you can click the “Create Account” option if you don’t have one.
Sign In: Provide the username and password that belongs to your MyNetgear account.
Sign Up: Enter personal information such as email address, password, name, country, etc. After creation, you also need to verify your account.
- Thereafter, you need to affix your Netgear router with your mobile device. For establishing the connection, you are provided with two options i.e. QR Code Scanning and Manual Connection.
QR Code Scanning: On choosing this method, you have to take your Netgear router and turn it downwards. On the back of it, you will find a QR code. Now, take your mobile device and scan the code by permitting access to your camera.
Manual Connection: You can also opt for the manual method of the connection. For this, plug in the router and modem to the power outlet. Using the Ethernet cable, link your Netgear router to the modem. Now, go to the WiFi connection window on your device and select the Netgear router and provide the valid security key for the connection.
- Once the connection gets established successfully, the Netgear router login window will prompt on your screen. Here, you need to input the default credentials and click “Login” and then wait until you reach your account.
- In the next window, you will be asked by Netgear to replace your default WiFi credentials to your preferred one. The new credentials will provide a shield to your wireless connection from unwanted access.
- After changing the SSID and Passphrase, you will be asked to choose the security question and then provide an answer for it. This question will help you in the future whenever you are trying to recover your password.
- In the end, click “Next”. This will save all the settings and will conclude the Netgear Router Setup procedure.
You can also seek the help of our experts to help you install the extender by calling us at our toll-free customer service numbers or by chatting with them.
CALL US TODAY
Netgear Router Setup for PC/Laptop Users
In case you are a PC or laptop user and want to perform the Netgear router setup, then, follow the process provided below.
- Take your Netgear router and connect it with your computer system as well as a modem.
- Turn on all the devices and check their power lights. Lights will turn green once the device gets turned on.
- Type “routerlogin.net” in the browser’s address bar, hit the Enter key, and wait until you reach the login window.
- To access your account, enter the username and password that are available on the bottom panel of your router.
- In your Netgear router account, locate and click the “Advanced” option.
- Choose the “Setup Wizard” option.
- Click Yes> Next to complete the Netgear router setup.
- Once you are done with all this, you are suggested to change the settings for personalized router experience.