Netgear Genie is an official application that allows the user to control and monitor the Netgear routers created by Netgear. The customer easily repairs their home network with the help of this application. Also, the Netgear Genie App helps users to access the advanced features on their router without any requirement of device boot up. It enables the users to manage the following functions: Wireless configuration, Live Parental Control, Network Map, Traffic Metering, My Media, and many more.
Moreover, through the Netgear Genie application’s help, it gets more comfortable for the users to accomplish the extender installation process. Additionally, Netgear Genie provides a step-by-step installation procedure and makes it easy for all users to configure new Wi-Fi range extenders. Therefore, it gets easy for all users to complete the installation procedure of the extender.
Here below, we have discussed the Netgear Genie Setup process along with its features. So, check out the features thoroughly and proceed to the installation process provided below.
Features of Netgear Genie Application
Netgear Genie is an application that runs on both Windows PC and Mac. It has a user-friendly and straightforward dashboard allowing the users to control and monitor all the features conveniently and easily. Thus, the Netgear Genie Application includes the following features provided below:
Parental Control Feature
It enables the users to shield their kids from the internet’s unsavoury aspects by filtering what they can or cannot access.
This feature allows the user to check internet consumption. It ensures that the user can easily verify how much data is used everyday, weekly, and monthly to upload and save.
Through this application, the user can confirm which and how many devices are connected to their network, and it quickly informs them if any new device gets connected.
Resolve Internet Connection Issue
The Netgear Genie application can diagnose and automatically fix any issue related to the internet.
Through this feature, all iOS users can easily print via a single click. Also, this application supports Airprint Capability.
Through this feature, the user can easily personalize their network by changing the password, SSID, and other settings.
Steps required for Netgear Extender Setup
The Netgear Genie application has a user-friendly interface that set up the extender smoothly. This application offers users quick and clear guidance to complete the registration and Netgear Extender Setup. Users are advised to follow the instructions as defined in the application in the same order to accomplish the setup procedure.
Following are the steps to setup Netgear Extender:
- Firstly turn ON the extender and the system.
- With the help of the extender’s SSID, the users are suggested to connect the router to the extender.
- After this, a list of the available networks will appear on the screen.
- Then the users are suggested to select the name of the extender.
- Note: If the security is enabled on the device, then in the required field, enter the password.
- Now select 5 GHz from the list of the bands and click on the “Continue” button.
- After this, on the Netgear Genie’s setup page, the users will be prompted to change the range extender’s default settings.
- Note: If the users don’t have to change the settings, they are suggested to proceed further.
- After this, a new page will appear on the screen.
- Note: The users are suggested to check the settings before closing the window carefully.
- Then connect the Netgear Extender again and access the internet now.
- After this, by clicking on the “Finish” option, close the “Netgear” page.
By applying the aforementioned steps, the users can easily setup the Netgear Extender via Netgear Genie application.