Free Problem Diagnostics Chat Support
24*7 Chat Support from our Online Technicians
Chat with Us!!
Free Support for Extender Setup Call TOLL FREE +1-844-583-2073
Netgear Extender Setup
You can use the following steps to perform your Netgear Extender Setup with the help of the WPS button.
- The first step in the process requires you to Unbox your Wi-Fi Extender.
- After that, plug into your Wi-Fi Extender into an Electrical socket.
- For smoothly completing the setup process, it is preferable that you plug in your Wi-Fi Extender in the same room where your Router device is.
- Now, you need to check if the router support a WPS Setup or not. If it does, it will have a WPS button either in the front or back panel depending upon the model.
- After locating the WPS button on your router, press and hold it for a few seconds in order to turn it on.
- Your Wi-Fi extender has a WPS LED that indicates the connection of your extender device to your router.
- When the connection between your router and extender device is successful, the WPS LED on your Wi-Fi Extender will turn solid green.
- You will now have to check whether your Wi-Fi supports the 5GHz band. If it does, and you wish to extend this band, you need to repeat the WPS process one more time.
- Next, you have to unplug the extender, Now move it to a new location.
- Remember, the new location that you choose should preferably be halfway from both your router and the device that you choose to connect.
- Try not to make the position of the extender too far from the reach of Wi-Fi connectivity.
- Plug the extender in this new location and turn the power on.
- Wait for the extender to turn on properly.
- The router link LED that is present on your Wi-Fi Extender will indicate the status of your connection with the router.
- To know if you have found the apt location or not, look if the light is amber or green in color.
- On the other hand, if the light is still red, you may have to shift the device more towards the network range of the router.
- This will enhance your Wi-Fi Extender’s connectivity with your Router.
- After you have found the ideal location for your router, bring the device that you wish to connect close to your router.
- You now have to click on the connect icon. You will be asked to enter your password.
- Your password is exactly the same as your Wi-Fi. Enter that and don’t forget to choose the auto-connect option for further use.
- Also, connect a mobile device with the Wi-Fi Extender.
- Now take this mobile device to a previously dead zone.
- Once your devices are connected and placed in the dead zone, return to your Wi-Fi Extender.
- Check the Client Link LED.
- If it is Green or amber your Wi-Fi network has been properly extended.
With this the process of Netgear Extender Setup is complete! You can now enjoy your Wi-Fi Network with seamless internet speed.
You can also seek the help of our experts to help you install the extender by calling us at our toll-free customer service numbers or by chatting with them.
CALL US TODAY
Netgear Extender Setup Via Netgear Installation Assistant
Just as in the above process, unboxing, aligning and plug-in for all methods is the same. The only difference in the procedure is the way to establish a connection between the Router and the Wi-Fi extender. It is possible that your Router does not support WPS. In such a case, you need to follow these steps.
- Initially, in this process, you have to first connect your device such as a laptop or PC to the extender using an Ethernet Wire or Wi-Fi connection.
- You can use a wired Ethernet connection quite easily. Use an Ethernet cable to connect the Ethernet port on the Wi-Fi extender to an Ethernet port on your computer.
- Alternatively, you can go for the Wi-Fi method to connect. On your Wi-Fi enabled device, open the Wi-Fi connection manager and locate and connect to the Wi-Fi extender network called NETGEAR_EXT.
- Once the connection with your Wi-Fi enabled device is established, the Client Link LED will turn amber or green.
- Next, in your device, open a web browser.
- Visit the Official Site of your Wi-Fi Extender.
- The New Extender Setup page now displays.
- As soon as you will click the “New Extender Setup” button a “Create Account” form will open.
- Fill the Field and click the “Next” icon.
- Now, ensure that the Access Point/Extender switch is set to Extender and click the Continue icon.
- Select your router’s Wi-Fi network to extend and click the “Next” button.
- In case, you do not wish to extend both Wi-Fi bands, clear the 2.4 GHz Wi-Fi Networks or the 5 GHz Wi-Fi Networks checkbox.
- In the field for Password, type the router’s existing Wi-Fi network password and click the “Next” button.
- Set the network name (SSID) and password for your Wi-Fi extender and click the “Next” button.
- It will easier if you enable the One Wi-Fi Name feature. This will permit the extender to use the same SSID and password as your existing router.
- Furthermore, wait for the page to display a list of new extender Wi-Fi networks, which might take some time.
- Connect your Wi-Fi enabled device, to the new extender Wi-Fi network with the help of SSID and password that you created. If you enabled One WiFi Name, connect to your router’s WiFi name and password.
- Make sure that your Wi-Fi enabled device is successfully connected before you click the “Continue” icon.
- Click the “Continue” icon.
- The message that displays confirms that your Wi-Fi extender is ready.
- Now you can move your device and check the connectivity just the same way that is explained above.
This will complete the process of Netgear Extender Setup. Now you are ready to use the network connectivity that is now enhanced by the Wi-Fi extender.