Mywifiext, or technically called the Wireless Range Extender is a wireless repeater that is generally used to boost your existing Wi-Fi coverage. This device is ideal for times when you have to enhance network connectivity for your smartphones, tablets, game consoles and more. Mywifiext is generally used to eliminate dead spots in the network. The device normally works with your existing Wi-Fi devices only.
Let’s know more about the installation.
Free Problem Diagnostics Chat Support
24*7 Chat Support from our Online Technicians
Chat with Us!!
Free Support for Extender Setup Call TOLL FREE +1-844-583-2073
Mywifiext Account Setup
The first step towards starting the use of your Mywifiext is to create an account. Setting up an account is super easy. All you are required to do is just follow these simple sets of steps in order to get your account made on Mywifiext.
- Ensure that you have a properly working internet connection, visit the official site.
- The option by the name “SignUp” will pop up on your screen. Click on it.
- You will be directly taken to an online form where you just have to enter all your details and click the submit button.
- Once you are done with signing up, a list of options having the following options will pop up
- WAN setup – These settings, will provide access for you to modify the MTU size and can also design your own DMZ server.
- Operating settings – With this, you will have an option to switch among network connection extender and APN.
- Wireless settings – With these settings, you will be able to modify the SSID of your network and can select from a list of security options.
- USB settings – This will enable you to manage all your USB connected devices to your extender.
Once your account is created you can log in in the following manner.
General Steps for Login to Mywifiext
For further log into your Mywifiext account you need to follow these steps:
- After unboxing the product, Plug in your product from the Netgear range to a power supply.
- Switch on the power of your computer and try connecting it to a stable network connection.
- Open a web browser application such as Chrome, Safari or Firefox.
- Go to the official site of your Netgear device.
- In the end, insert your credentials i.e. your username and password and click the icon for “Login”.
Once you are done with the login process successfully you can continue to set up your latest Wi-Fi range extender. Or you can also opt to update the pre-existing configuration. Once you are done with it, you will have access to seamless internet speed.
You can also seek the help of our experts to help you install the extender by calling us at our toll-free customer service numbers or by chatting with them.
CALL US TODAY
General Issues in Mywifiext
It is quite possible to face certain issues in the normal course of the use of Mywifiext. However, these issues can be easily resolved. We bring you some common issues with their easy solutions.
At times, when you enter the web URL of Mywifiext in a web browser all you get is an error that is depicted with a message that mywifiext.net not working.
Issues like this generally occur because of
* An improper connection created between the router that you already have and the new extender.
* mywifiext.net is a local address which can not be used as any regular internet site address.
* Or maybe your Wi-Fi connection is discontinuous or spotty, that is why such a problem is possible.
* It can also be a possibility that you have entered a wrong or incorrect address into the URL bar.
Once you have completed the process of the initial setup of Mywifiext, you tend to forget the default password of your Mywifiext. You generally do not find any necessity to remember the default password of mywifiext.net, until the time you want to modify settings or set up a different extender. It is generally advised that you always remember your credentials. But, in case you forget it, there is always an option of resetting your password anyway. For this, you would have to reconfigure your device. The process of changing the password is as follows.
* In case your password was never changed, you can try using the default login credentials like your username and password, to access mywifiext.net.
* The default credentials are just there in the booklet provided with the extender.
* You can simply reset the extender to its default settings to make the default credentials start working once again. However, this step will present the requirement of reconfiguring your device right from the beginning.
If you are not able to access mywifiext.net, check the color of light on your extender. Is it red in color?! This problem can occur due to various reasons concerning the range and connection excellence of an extender.
The obvious reasons for the Extender light problem can be:
* The modifications you do to the web login on mywifiext.net are invalid or incorrect.
* The version of firmware that you use is obsolete.
* You have inserted an inaccurate location of your extender.
* The extender does not have any MAC address.
* An inconsistent internet connection.